Recipe by Kree
This is another one of my great aunt's wonderful recipes, submitted in response to a request. It's easy and so comforting!
Top Review by mnwife55430
This was a winner for my family. We live in Minnesota and love comfort food in the cold winter months.I did add some milk and sour cream to the egg noodle mixture seemed a little dry. I also used smaller sized egg noodles and next time I will make less noodles-alot left over. I forgot the brown sugar. I added seasoning salt, garlic powder & velveeta cheese. The last 10 minutes of cooking I sprinkled parmesan cheese and recovered. I will make this dish again. I thought the left overs were very good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- brown sugar (her recipe says "a little brown sugar")
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and onion.
- Add tomato soup; set aside.
- Cook egg noodles; drain.
- Add cream of chicken soup to egg noodles.
- Layer hamburger mixture and noodle mixture in casserole dish with processed cheese between layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.