Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are pretzles dressed up with a creamy, sweet coating and colorful sprinkles. They're sure to be a hit.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made a double batch of these for a group I host each month (this evening) & am sure they'll be a big hit & am having a hard time not devouring them (more of them, that is!) myself beforehand! Will be serving them with the caramel dip! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Yuletide theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 1 (6 ounce) packagepremier white baking bar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 teaspoon nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 8 ounces reduced-salt pretzel twists (about 80)
- chocolate sprinkles
- cookie, decorations
- colored sugar sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- Melt baking bars in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in skim milk and corn syrup. Do not remove saucepan from heat.
- Holding pretzel with fork, dip 1 side of pretzel into melted mixture to coat. Place coated side up on prepared baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with desired decorations. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
- Chocolate Twisters: Substitute 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips for white baking bars.
- Caramel Dippity Do's: Heat 1 cup fat-free caramel sauce and 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans in small saucepan over low heat until warm. Pour into small serving bowl. Serve with pretzels for dipping. Makes 8 servings (about 2 tablespoons each).
- Chocolate Dippity Do's: Heat 1 cup fat-free hot fudge sauce and 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts in small saucepan over low heat until warm. Pour into small serving bowl. Serve with pretzels for dipping. Makes 8 servings (about 2 tablespoons each).