Prep 12 mins
Cook 28 mins
Yummy cookies, great for gift giving
- 4 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup nuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt; mix well. Firmly press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until misture is brown and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over toffee. Let stand for 10 minutes. Spread chocolate evenly over toffee; sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool completely; cut into squares.
- Store tightly covered in cool, dry place.
THESE ARE VERY TASTY BITES & will, indeed, make a great addition to any holiday cookie counter! I did use toasted almonds for the nuts & was most satisfied! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Yuletide theme in My-3-Chefs]