Recipe by Courtly
From Quaker Oats!! YUM!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Very good recipe! For some reason my oven started to burn them after 10 minutes already, so I got them out after ten minutes and they were perfectly done. Very good chocolaty toffee flavor, DH loves them :lol: Maybe I didn't use the right oats - it was just plain rolled oats - but when I wanted to slice them they were too crunchy and broke apart, so it's kind of cookie toffee brittle, but of course that doesn't affect the taste. Thanks for posting this! Made for Let's PARTY Tag game December 2009.
- 4 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashoned, uncooked)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2⁄3 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Firmly press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until mixture is brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over toffee.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread chocolate evenly over toffee; sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- Store tightly covered in cool, dry place.