Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe at the doctors office today and these look so scrumptious and festive looking. I will give them a try soon, hope you do too!
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter (softened) or 1 1⁄3 cups margarine (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in egg and lemon peel until blended.
- Mix in flour, almonds, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Press 2 cups dough into bottom or prepared pan.
- Spread preserves over dough.
- Press remaining dough, a small amount at a time, evenly over preserves.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar; cut into bars.
I made these today as part of my holiday baking. These are just wonderful!! Not too sweet, but the contrast of the raspberry and the almonds is out of this world!! My husband ate about 4 bars this evening after dinner. I'm sure these will be a holiday regular! thanks
Scrumptious! I'm always looking for a way to get a little more raspberry flavor into my life, and these are wonderful. I know I'll be making these when Christmas comes around again.
Someone brought these to our Christmas showcase and also had them to sell at the bake sale. They were phenomenal. The almond flavoring is great. When I make them I may add a drop of almond extract to it too. But I ate so many it's embarassing. Love them and it's my new favorite.