Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 1972 'THE ideals FAMILY COOKBOOK. It is certainly something different! The preparation time does not include the time it takes to 'ripen' in the refrigerator.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb dates, chopped
- 1 lb fig, chopped
- 1 lb dark raisin
- 1 lb unsweetened coconut, finely flaked
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sugar, cream & butter "to a soft ball.".
- Add vanilla & beat until creamy, then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- When well combined, form the mixture into a loaf.
- Wrap the loaf in damp cheese cloth, then in wax paper & put in the refrigerator to ripen for at least 2 weeks.