Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Absolutely wonderful for around Yule/Christmas time! If you're not big into peppermint, you can omit the flavored extract all-together or substitute it with a flavor you like. Also, you can replace some of the chocolate with peanut butter chips and make a peanut butter chocolate fudge swirl. You can also add nuts or candy chips! So versatile!16
- 16 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated!)
- 2 tablespoons butter (real butter, not margarine)
- 2 -3 drops peppermint extract
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Warm up in the microwave until chocolate begins to soften (Don't microwave it too long or your chocolate will burn!).
- Once melted, stir together until well blended.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Add drops of peppermint extract.
- Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and lightly butter the foil.
- Spread mixture evenly into the pan.
- Refrigerate until cool (usually takes about an hour).
- Once the fudge has hardened, remove from pan and cut into squares.