A smooth rich Yule tradition: warm fruity spicy mulled red wine to warm the cockles of your heart. Sip you way through the heavenly wine & then enjoy eating the delicious fruity remnants (the best part in my opinion). Best served with flair & excess and shared with friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
2 - 3 750ml bottles of
- 1Night before: Place sultanas in a separate dish with good lid & cover with the brandy. Ensure there is room for the fruit to swell & expand. Cover and set aside in cool place.
- 22 to 3 hours before serving: Place the soaked sultanas & all remaining juice, the water, brown sugar, & boysenberries including juice into the slow cooker.
- 3Switch on the slow cooker to its lowest heat setting.
- 4Add 1 of the bottles of wine.
- 5Add the zest finely chopped or shredded from one of the oranges. Peel or chop off the remaining pith from the orange, chop the fruit flesh into smaller pieces & add to the slow cooker.
- 6With the second orange cut off & discard the top & tail of the pith (as this is hard) then slice into quarters length wise. Thinly slice these quarters and add to the slow cooker.
- 7Add the remaining wine and spices.
- 8Stir gently and place the the lid on the cooker.
- 9Monitor the temperate up to serving time - if necessary switch the heating OFF for short periods of time to ensure the wine holds to a warm but never hot (to touch) temperature.
- 10Serve each glass with fruit in the bottom of the glass & a teaspoon to enjoy the delicious fruity end of this Yule Tide drink.
- 11HINT: If you have left overs let then cool & store in an air tight container in the fridge over night - then check out my Mulled Wine Drop Scones recipe for morning snacks the next day - YUM!
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yule Mulled Wine
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: