Recipe by 2Bleu
A simple recipe using cookie dough and jam, yet eye-catching elegant at your buffet table. You will need a small 3/4" cookie cutter with a simple design. You can also make your own sugar cookies or slice the pre-made ones thicker, then roll them out with a rolling pin to make larger cookies. :)
Top Review by FloridaNative
I am OBVIOUSLY not good with pre-made cookie dough ~ I had the WORST time with this... :( but the results were DELICIOUS. I used strawberry preserves, and even DD, who is not a fan of sugar cookies, kept stealing them off the plate ~ they WERE NOT pretty but that was my fault, not yours. I used a star-shaped cookie cutter and the ones that came out, came out great - I had to piece the others together. I will try this recipe again, as they were a hit at our church, even though most were not real pretty, my cookie tray was EMPTY at the end of the evening :) This recipe would be great for any occasion I think, just change the design of your cookie cutter to fit the theme. Thanks 2Bleu for sharing the recipe ~ made for HOLIDAY PRMR, December 2009!
- 16 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury refrigerated log style)
- 1⁄4 cup plum preserves
- colored crystal sugar (green and or red)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Slice cookies into 1/8 inch slices.
- To half the cookies, cut out centers using a small Christmas cookie cutter (or carefully use a sharp pointed knife to make a tree or simple design).
- To the other half, use a marble or small round item and indent a small well in the center, rolling almost to the edges with the marble.
- Place about 1/2 tsp of the plum preserves leaving the edges free of jam. Top with the cut out slices. Press edges to seal and sprinkle with the colored sugar crystals.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake aprox 8-10 minutes.