Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was inspired by a cook on the Food Network who made a Yule Log out of a pre-made chocolate jelly roll cake. I needed a treat for my kids' classroom Christmas parties and came up with this. Hope you like it as much as the kids did.
- 6 -8 chocolate swiss rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles
- miniature marshmallow
- Hershey chocolate kiss, unwrapped
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- We purchased Little Debbie Swiss Roll cakes-make as many as you like. I think 6-8 come in a package.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the tub of Cool Whip. Cover each swiss roll cake with the Cool Whip mixture. Using a fork, lightly pull the tongs across the whipped topping to resemble the bark design of a log. Dust with cocoa powder or sprinkle with the chocolate sprinkles.
- For the forest mushrooms, insert 1 toothpick through each marshmallow and then into the flat side of the chocolate kiss to form "mushroom." Dust chocolate kiss candies with confectioners' sugar.
- We added a Teddy Graham and small candy trees to each log for Christmas but you could add any decoration for whatever the occasion.