1/1 Photo of Yule Logs-Christmas, Classroom Treats
I was inspired by a cook on the Food Network who made a Yule Log out of a pre-made chocolate jelly roll cake. I needed a treat for my kids' classroom Christmas parties and came up with this. Hope you like it as much as the kids did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 chocolate swiss rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles
- 1We purchased Little Debbie Swiss Roll cakes-make as many as you like. I think 6-8 come in a package.
- 2Mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the tub of Cool Whip. Cover each swiss roll cake with the Cool Whip mixture. Using a fork, lightly pull the tongs across the whipped topping to resemble the bark design of a log. Dust with cocoa powder or sprinkle with the chocolate sprinkles.
- 3For the forest mushrooms, insert 1 toothpick through each marshmallow and then into the flat side of the chocolate kiss to form "mushroom." Dust chocolate kiss candies with confectioners' sugar.
- 4We added a Teddy Graham and small candy trees to each log for Christmas but you could add any decoration for whatever the occasion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yule Logs-Christmas, Classroom Treats
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate swiss rolls