Recipe by Traveling Lady
This is my favorite Christmas cookie. Soft and delicious. I received this recipe from a neighbor and have been making these for about 45 years and they are the most asked for cookie each year. Preparation time includes rolling baked cookies in powdered sugar.
Top Review by Outta Here
These are very easy and really good. I wasn't sure how the pecans should be prepared, so I ground them in my mini-processor. Dough was easy to handle and liked the texture from the oats.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- powdered sugar, for rolling baked cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and egg.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- beat in flour and nuts.
- Add oatmeal and mix well.
- Roll into 36 small logs and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While still warm, roll in powdered sugar roll again when cool.