Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favorite Christmas cookie. Soft and delicious. I received this recipe from a neighbor and have been making these for about 45 years and they are the most asked for cookie each year. Preparation time includes rolling baked cookies in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- powdered sugar, for rolling baked cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and egg.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- beat in flour and nuts.
- Add oatmeal and mix well.
- Roll into 36 small logs and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While still warm, roll in powdered sugar roll again when cool.
These are very easy and really good. I wasn't sure how the pecans should be prepared, so I ground them in my mini-processor. Dough was easy to handle and liked the texture from the oats.
These are quite delicious little cookies. Soft and sweet tasting, these were very easy to make. I used a gluten-free flour and pecans. Thanks Traveling Lady ~ these will go on the annual Christmas cookie tray. Made for MY 3 CHEFS, November 2009!