1/3 Photos of Yukon Gold Roasted Potatoes With Bacon, Onion and Garlic
You can use any kind of potatoes for this but Yukon Gold are simply the best! All ingredients can be adjusted to taste. If you do not like your garlic crispy then just add in two or three whole bulbs garlic (outer layer of skin removed) sprinkle with oil and place in the roasting pan with the potatoes and separate the cloves after roasting. If desired, roast 1-2 pounds fresh mushrooms in the oven with a bit of butter or oil until they are soft and release their juices, remove to a bowl and continue with the recipe, add in the mushrooms to the roasting pan just before serving, I have done this many times if I have fresh mushrooms handy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices bacon (can use more)
- 5 large yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut lengthwise into 4 large wedges
- 3 medium onions, cut into 4 wedges
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled (or to taste, about 2 large heads, separated and peeled)
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme (or to taste, rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- salt and black pepper (I use seasoning salt)
- 1Set oven to 425ºF.
- 2Prepare a large roasting pan.
- 3In the roasting pan cook the bacon in the oven until crisp (this should take about 10 minutes) remove from the roaster and crumble, then set aside to a plate to cool slightly (DO NOT drain the bacon fat, leave in the roaster).
- 4Place the potato wedges skin-side down in the roasting pan; toss to coat in the bacon fat (you can also add in some oil if it seems too dry).
- 5Add in onion wedges (the onion wedges will separate).
- 6Sprinkle the peeled garlic cloves in the pan around the potatoes and onions.
- 7Sprinkle the veggies with rubbed thyme, salt and pepper.
- 8Roast uncovered for about 40-45 minutes, or until the potato wedges are fork-tender and browned.
- 9Before serving sprinkle with crumbled bacon and season with more salt and pepper if desired).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yukon Gold Roasted Potatoes With Bacon, Onion and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g