1/2 Photos of Yukon Gold Potatoes Sauteed in Clarified Butter
From Cooking Light Magazine. Clarifying the butter is simple and does not take long. The clarified butter adds even more color to the yukon golds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes.
- 3Drain and let stand for 2 minutes.
- 4To clarify butter: Place 1/2 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat; cook 5 minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- 5Skim solids off top with a spoon and discard solids.
- 6Slowly pour remaining butter out of pan leaving remaining solids in pan; discard those solids. You will have about 1/3 cup of butter (a little more than you need for this recipe).
- 7Heat 1/4 cup clarified butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Add potatoes to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 20 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- 9Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients; cook 30 seconds.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yukon Gold Potatoes Sauteed in Clarified Butter
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g