Recipe by iris5555
From Cooking Light Magazine. Clarifying the butter is simple and does not take long. The clarified butter adds even more color to the yukon golds.
Top Review by Diana #2
I can't believe these have never been review. They are fantastic. Didn't take hardly any time at all to cook either. Wonderful flavour, crispy on the outside and the inside was fluffy. I'll certainly be making these again real soon. Thanks for a delightful recipe. Made for "Let's PARTY" Tag 2009
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes.
- Drain and let stand for 2 minutes.
- To clarify butter: Place 1/2 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat; cook 5 minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- Skim solids off top with a spoon and discard solids.
- Slowly pour remaining butter out of pan leaving remaining solids in pan; discard those solids. You will have about 1/3 cup of butter (a little more than you need for this recipe).
- Heat 1/4 cup clarified butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 20 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients; cook 30 seconds.