Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine. Clarifying the butter is simple and does not take long. The clarified butter adds even more color to the yukon golds.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes.
- Drain and let stand for 2 minutes.
- To clarify butter: Place 1/2 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat; cook 5 minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- Skim solids off top with a spoon and discard solids.
- Slowly pour remaining butter out of pan leaving remaining solids in pan; discard those solids. You will have about 1/3 cup of butter (a little more than you need for this recipe).
- Heat 1/4 cup clarified butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 20 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients; cook 30 seconds.
I can't believe these have never been review. They are fantastic. Didn't take hardly any time at all to cook either. Wonderful flavour, crispy on the outside and the inside was fluffy. I'll certainly be making these again real soon. Thanks for a delightful recipe. Made for "Let's PARTY" Tag 2009
These potatoes are so deliciously crispy and delightful. I made just a half recipe, with yukons that I had harvested from my garden today. Thanks also for the directions for the clarified butter as I had no idea it was so easy to prepare! I'll definitely be making these again and soon. Thanks Iris!