From Cooking Light Magazine. Clarifying the butter is simple and does not take long. The clarified butter adds even more color to the yukon golds.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes.
- Drain and let stand for 2 minutes.
- To clarify butter: Place 1/2 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat; cook 5 minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- Skim solids off top with a spoon and discard solids.
- Slowly pour remaining butter out of pan leaving remaining solids in pan; discard those solids. You will have about 1/3 cup of butter (a little more than you need for this recipe).
- Heat 1/4 cup clarified butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 20 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients; cook 30 seconds.