There was Gold to be found in the Yukon...now we have the Yukon Gold potato. Delicious. Try this gratin using them and you won't be disappointed.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 1 cup canadian sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth or 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round or oval baking dish.
- Slice potatoes 1/8-inch thick and combine thoroughly in a mixing bowl with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, the sour cream, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in a neat overlapping pattern in the baking dish. Pour chicken broth over potatoes.
- Bake 35 minutes, until potatoes are nearly-tender and the cheese and potatoes are starting to brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs.