1/2 Photos of Yukon Gold Potato Gratin
1 hr 5 mins
There was Gold to be found in the Yukon...now we have the Yukon Gold potato. Delicious. Try this gratin using them and you won't be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 1 cup canadian sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (to garnish)
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round or oval baking dish.
- 2Slice potatoes 1/8-inch thick and combine thoroughly in a mixing bowl with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, the sour cream, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- 3Arrange potatoes in a neat overlapping pattern in the baking dish. Pour chicken broth over potatoes.
- 4Bake 35 minutes, until potatoes are nearly-tender and the cheese and potatoes are starting to brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- 5Garnish with thyme sprigs.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yukon Gold Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 683.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs