Recipe by PBShakes
Delicious, buttery, creamy comfort food. great paired with meat and green veggies. (NOTE**The original recipe used heavy whipping cream but I wanted to cut down the fat. It is a bit soupy and might benefit from a flour roux).
- 44.37 ml butter
- 170.09 g mushrooms
- 453.59 g yukon gold potato
- 283.49 g fat-free evaporated milk, Carnation is a good one
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until brown and soft, about 6 minutes.
- Generously butter square baking dish.
- Cut potatoes into 1/8th inch slices (I do not peel them).
- Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spoon 1/3 of mushrooms on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with 2 more layers of potatoes, mushrooms and salt and pepper.
- Pour evaporated milk over layered dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.