1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Delicious, buttery, creamy comfort food. great paired with meat and green veggies. (NOTE**The original recipe used heavy whipping cream but I wanted to cut down the fat. It is a bit soupy and might benefit from a flour roux).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add mushrooms and saute until brown and soft, about 6 minutes.
- 4Generously butter square baking dish.
- 5Cut potatoes into 1/8th inch slices (I do not peel them).
- 6Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- 7Spoon 1/3 of mushrooms on top of the potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9Repeat with 2 more layers of potatoes, mushrooms and salt and pepper.
- 10Pour evaporated milk over layered dish.
- 11Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- 12Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes.
- 13Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yukon Gold and Mushroom Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 150.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 8.9 g