1/1 Photo of Yugoslavian Fish Skewers With Serbian Tomato Relish
silly sally's Note:
These skewers are delicious, and a perfect alternative to your meat skewers...and more healthy. Suggested types of fish to use: Halibut, rockfish, snapper or orange roughy.The tomato relish should be refrigerated at least 30 minutes, which is not accounted for below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fish steaks or 2 lbs fillets, skinned and boned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Serbian Tomato Relish
- 1Prepare the Serbian Tomato Relish.
- 2Core, peel and dice the 2 tomatoes.
- 3Combine tomatoes and all the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Stir until well combined.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 6Fish preparation:.
- 7Cut fish into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- 8Mix oil, garlic and pepper.
- 9Add fish pieces, turning lightly to coat all sides.
- 10Thread onto 6 skewers.
- 11Spray broiler rack with cooking spray.
- 12Place skewers on rack 4 to 6 inches from heat.
- 13Broil, turning carefully to cook on all sides.
- 14Cook and turn until lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 15Serve with tomato relish.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yugoslavian Fish Skewers With Serbian Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: