Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
www.foodtv.com; Guys Big Bite
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs fresh yucca root
- 1 lime, zest of
- In medium Dutch oven heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Place all spices in mixing bowl, and combine thoroughly.
- Peel yucca tubes with heavy-duty vegetable peeler until bark is completely removed. Cut yucca into strips: 1/4-inch wide, 4 inches long. Add yucca into oil and fry until golden brown. With a slotted spoon remove the yucca from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Season hot yucca fries with spice mixture and lime zest and serve on a warm paper-towel-lined platter.
I was looking for a way to dress up some yucca that I had fried. How wonderful these spices are. I will be keeping this mixture on hand to use on meats, french fries, and other veggies. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
We ate these up! I sprinkled the spice mixture, lightly, directly on the hot fries, and doused them in fresh lime juice rather than using the zest (have you ever tried zesting a lime you've already cut open? Not an easy project). Tasted at least as good as I got in a Colombian restaurant! Thanks for posting.