- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs fresh yucca root
- 1 lime, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium Dutch oven heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Place all spices in mixing bowl, and combine thoroughly.
- Peel yucca tubes with heavy-duty vegetable peeler until bark is completely removed. Cut yucca into strips: 1/4-inch wide, 4 inches long. Add yucca into oil and fry until golden brown. With a slotted spoon remove the yucca from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Season hot yucca fries with spice mixture and lime zest and serve on a warm paper-towel-lined platter.