Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We drink this when we are camping or playing cards. It is a fruity drink that really creeps up on you, but it doesn't taste of alcohol. This recipe is over 40 years old.
- This is best when made 8 to 10 hours ahead to let the ice melt.
- Start with a 1 gallon liquid insulated drink cooler.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the cooler to the top with ice cubes.
- Shake the cooler occasionally over the next 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve over ice with the spiked cherries.
Yowsa - this is a good drink - but strong! I made 1/4 of the recipe using about 16 oz of vodka. Served over lots of ice this was so refreshing, and just loved the "drunken cherries". I think it would be great to use this method with tequila and limeade, or amaretto and orange juice. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009