Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This drink has been in the family for years. Its great for parties with large groups of people and the alcohol content can be adjusted for your tastes. "Yucca Flats" is supposedly where they first started testing the nuclear bomb (I have no confirmation of this, only that which my father tells me). Its my mom's favorite drink. It tastes like fruit juice, and doesn't leave a hangover if you don't mix it with other drinks. It does sneak up on you though so drink gingerly. Oh and the original recipe came from a "men's group of travellers", who were drunk at the time, so feel free to use the original "baby bath tub for the container and mix with your feet" instructions) I also have no guarentee of serving size, it depends on too many factors.
- 26 ounces tequila (good stuff, small or medium sized bottle)
- 26 ounces rum (I use amber, small or medium sized bottle)
- 6 lemons, squeezed and tossed in
- 6 oranges, squeezed and tossed in
- 355 ml pink lemonade
- Sprite or champagne
- Mix all well. The rinds will soak up the alcohol over time. Depending on who's drinking I will use with small or medium sized bottles but they must be of equal size.
- I also traditionally use sprite as my mixer just for the gentle fizz.
These were fantastic!!! I used coconut rum and that made it even better I believe. BE CAREFUL...these really sneak up on you. We all gave them a thumbs up! Thanks!
I make a party drink very similar. Definitely tequila, 1 liter or 750 ml, no rum and instead of pink lemonade to sweeten, use 1/2 cup of sugar (or more to taste the citrus and I include 3 or four limes and the ice to fill. Put it in a 2 gallon container w/ a lid, wrap in a towel, shake for 15 minutes (pass it around the party) and then enjoy. Drink directly out of the container!