Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
By: Ingrid Hoffman, Simply Delicioso!
Make and share this Yucca Buns recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Combine the tapioca flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cheese and egg yolks.
- Mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Lightly flour a work surface and turn the dough out.
- Knead the dough with your hands until the dough is smooth, even-textured, and not sticky.
- If the dough doesn't come together or seems too stiff, then add cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it comes together and feels supple.
- Divide the dough into 10 even pieces and with your hands, roll each into a ball.
- Shape the balls into ovals and place them 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the rolls are pale gold (not browned), about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes and serve while still warm.
I used extra sharp white cheese. Next time I would put them in a form. They are delicious!!
Thank You for this marvelous gluten free recipe! I can now enjoy hamburgers on a bun and am looking forward to sandwiches once again! Oh how I have missed sandwiches! I make this with Queso Cheese and have made them in various sizes, so far so good. I am thinking about trying to make a "loaf" of this recipe, just to see how it turns out!
YAY!!!!! A recipe I can finally use as a hot dog bun since I'm gluten-free! These are really good. Next time, I'm going to try using a Mexican cheese blend for the cheese and make the buns longer to use as hot dog buns. They have a wonderful cheesy flavor. I had to use milk because I didn't have cream, but they still turned out great.