Recipe by Chef Sean #2
This salsa from the Yucatecan is wonderful on fish tacos. As with all recipes I've entered that call for Habanero peppers, you can substitute with any other type of Capsicum, although the flavor might be changed a bit, it should still be good. This one is from "The Pepper Pantry: Habanero" by Dave DeWitt and Nancy Gerlach.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups finely chopped purple cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped radish
- 1 habanero pepper, deseeded and destemmed, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onions in a colander and place under a stream of cold water for a few seconds. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the cilantro. Toss to mix well, salt to taste,and allow to sit at room temperature for an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
- Toss with the cilantro and serve.