1/1 Photo of Yucatan - Style Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Chef #vt4me's Note:
A spicier version of chicken vegetable soup. Even better the next day. You might want to start with 1 chipotle for the heat factor. Wash hands after handling. Chipotles in adobo sauce are in the Mexican food section and leftover freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (canned)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups turkey stock
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, saute for 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, and chipotle peppers. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- 4Add carrots. Cook and stir for 4 minutes more.
- 5Add broth, tomatoes, zucchini,and salt.
- 6Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add turkey, and chopped cilantro, cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- 8Place in bowls.
- 9Serve with optional garnishes (avocado, lime wedges, and cilantro sprigs)on the side.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yucatan - Style Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 770.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo