Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 365 Easy Mexican Recipes
Make and share this Yucatan Red Onions in Orange Juice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring, until onion is barely tender, 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in orange juice and vinegar. Marinate about 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.