Will Price's Note:
Saw this dish in a Newspaper Article about travelling in Mexico, It reminded me of a dish I had in Cozumel. It's a simple but different way to cook flounder and similar fish. Easy to make too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly Slice garlic and saute in oil until crisp and brown.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat a large heavy pan on high heat and add oil until hot.
- 4Add fish and Jalepeno.
- 5Saute fish until crispy on one side.
- 6Do not disturb fish while cooking.
- 7Fish need not be done at this point.
- 8Lower heat to medium/low.
- 9Squeeze juice from limes (about 3/8 cup) and add to pan.
- 10Fish will now 'poach' in lime juice.
- 11Remove fish when done and rest on a plate.
- 12Add chopped cilantro, if using Allow lime juice to thicken slightly and mingle with oil and fish juices.
- 13Pour on top of fish and top with toasted garlic.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yucatan Lime Fish
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 95.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.6 g