Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicy eggplant dish; you can put fried tofu or ground pork in if you wish.
- 4 eggplants, small japanese cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup tofu, cut in 2 inch chunks (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chili bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut eggplant in half then in about 2 inch chunks. Deep fry until golden.
- Deep fry tofu until golden.
- Stir fry green onions and garlic in sesame oil and oil.
- Add ground pork if you are using meat.
- Mix chili bean paste,soy sauce, sugar, salt, rice vinegar in a bowl; add to veggies.
- Add eggplant and tofu; stir.
- Add cornstarch mixed with water; cook until thick.
I enjoyed this dish. I'm not a big fan of deep frying and felt the eggplant may have taken on too much oil, but loved the sauce and the overall recipe. Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap April 2013.