1/1 Photo of Yu-Dofu (Kyoto Style Plain Simmered Bean Curd)
Member #610488's Note:
A simple yet nourishing recipe from a restaurant in Kyoto, Japan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the tofu into 1 inch cubes and arrange in a large, shallow earthenware casserole. Add boiling water to cover and place over medium heat.
- 2Combine, in a sauce pan, the soy sauce, sake, sugar, bonito shavings, and 2/3 cup water. Heat on medium-high and simmer for 3 minutes then turn off heat.
- 3When the water the tofu is cooking in starts to boil, remove the casserole to the table. Pour 1/4 cup of the prepared sauce into individual saucers and place before each guest, together with a saucer of chopped scallion and grated ginger. Cut each lemon in half and serve one half to each guest.
- 4Each guest helps themselves, transferring the tofu to an empty saucer. Have each guest squeeze the lemon into their prepared sauce and dip the tofu into the sauce then into the scallion and ginger, as preferred, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yu-Dofu (Kyoto Style Plain Simmered Bean Curd)
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2030.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: