Recipe by HeatherFeather
This is really more a tip than a recipe - It is so ridiculously easy. After hunting high and low for the recipe for restaurant yeast rolls/bread that are served in many chain restaurants & steakhouses, I was astonished to learn that very often they merely use pre-made ordinary yeast dough and honey flavored margarine - The secret "recipe" I had been searching for was actually just a method.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Great! These are just like those yeasty rolls in the restaurant. Talk about an easy way to make bread. Unless I need agression therapy I will never knead another loaf of bread! I have an electric kitchen, so I get out the old heating pad. Put a hand towel on top of the heat pad and a tea towel on top of the bread and place the bread on top of the heat pad to rise. Works perfectly every time. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions (honey wheat or white)
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine, to taste (not butter)
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw frozen dough, let rise, and bake dough all according to package directions- either for a loaf or rolls.
- When the bread has baked and while still warm, combine margarine and honey well and spread liberally all over the top of the warm bread.
- It should be glistening.
- You may serve right away, or you may prepare earlier in the day and set the warm, glistening bread inside a resealable plastic bag.
- It will stay very soft this way and can be reheated as desired later the same day.
- Serve warm with real butter or more honey margarine mixture, as desired.
- Note: Surprisingly, homemade doughs don't produce the same texture as the frozen doughs- so if you really want that restaurant taste, the purchased stuff is actually the way to go.