Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Banana nut bread that just melts in your mouth. And who may we thank, you may ask...The Girl Scouts I know WOW, but really it is fantastic, I learned how to make it when I around the age of 10.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beating well after each addition.
- Then add the bananas.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Next add the flour mix and buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- Then while stirring well add vanilla and nuts.
- Bake in greased 9 x 5 loaf pan for 1 hours.
- Cool for 15 minute.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 09. This was a very good banana bread. I was a little concerned about the 300 degree oven temperature, but I followed the recipe exactly. It took about 1 hour and 15 minutes in my oven. I recommend, if making this, you check after 1 hour. Thanks for posting, caryn25.