1/1 Photo of You're Nuts for Bananas "Banana Nut Bread"
1 hr 20 mins
Banana nut bread that just melts in your mouth. And who may we thank, you may ask...The Girl Scouts I know WOW, but really it is fantastic, I learned how to make it when I around the age of 10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Cream the shortening and sugar together.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time and beating well after each addition.
- 4Then add the bananas.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- 6Next add the flour mix and buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- 7Then while stirring well add vanilla and nuts.
- 8Bake in greased 9 x 5 loaf pan for 1 hours.
- 9Cool for 15 minute.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for You're Nuts for Bananas "Banana Nut Bread"
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 313.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g