Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Crunchy, moist and delicious!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, bone in
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine chicken broth with 3 cups ice. Add chicken; chill 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a resealable bag, combine bread crumbs, flour, salt, cayenne, oregano, garlic, parsley, and pepper; shake.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a large baking sheet with vegetable or olive oil spray; set aside.
- Place yogurt in a medium bowl. Remove chicken from broth. One piece at a time, dip chicken into yogurt, then place in bread crumb mixture and shake. Place breaded chicken on baking sheet. Spray tops of chicken with vegetable spray. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Great flavor on this chicken! The "crust" didn't get crispy at all but the chicken was tasty and very moist and tender. Thanks for sharing your recipe!