Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 12 ounces crabmeat, shell and cartilage removed
- 6 ounces linguine, dry
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 fluid ounces bottled water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 16 fluid ounces clam juice
- 2 tablespoons additional lemon juice
- 4 fluid ounces white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon, dried,crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Follow package directions to prepare linguine.
- Cook just until al dente, still slightly firm.
- Drain at once, cool under cold running water and put aside to drain thoroughly.
- Place in a mixing bowl.
- Put mushrooms in a small pot.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; add water and place aluminum foil directly over mushrooms.
- Cover pot with a lid; place on high heat and cook for about 1 minute just until steam begins to escape from pot.
- With a skimmer, transfer mushrooms to a dish.
- Reserve the juices- there will be about 1/4 cup.
- Put flour in a saucepan and stir in a little clam juice to make a smooth paste; stir in remaining clam juice, lemon juice, white wine and reserved mushroom juice; season with coriander, tarragon, black pepper and soy sauce.
- Place over medium heat and bring liquid to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, and then parsley and tomato- there will be about 2½ cups.
- Lightly oil a 6-cup au gratin dish.
- Add mushrooms to the pasta, and pour half the sauce over the pasta mixture; mix well.
- Scrape into the au gratin dish and pat linguine into a smooth layer.
- Gently mix remaining sauce with crabmeat and spoon over the linguine.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over top and bake for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
- If the top has not browned, slip under the broiler for a brief minute.
- Serve directly from the au gratin dish.