1/1 Photo of Your Pad or Mine? (Chicken & Shrimp Pad Thai)
1 hr 15 mins
Hands down the best pad thai my husband and I have ever had! Incorporates chicken, shrimp, and tofu so omit and substitute at your will. Although it may be a bit daunting to undertake, with its numerous ingredients, pad thai is actually pretty simple to make. Be sure to use a well seasoned wok and don't skimp on the oil, even if it may seem excessive. Too little and the noodles will stick and you 'll end up with a mess of a dish... and a wok.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package Thai rice noodles
- 4 ounces chicken breasts
- 4 ounces tofu
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 5 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 8 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted red chile (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf
- 4 lime wedges
- 1Soak noodles in cold water for about 1 hour or warm water for 30 minutes.
- 2Cut the chicken into 1/4-inch strips. Set aside.
- 3Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch cubes. In a well oiled pan, fry the tofu on all sides until browned. Set aside.
- 4Coarsely chop peanuts with knife or coarsely grind in food processor. Set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, add tamarind juice, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Beat to thoroughly mix and set aside.
- 6Heat oil in a wok (or large frying pan) until it is just about to smoke. Add garlic and stir, making sure it doesn't burn (about 30 seconds).
- 7Add chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 8Add tofu and shrimps and stir-fry for 1 more minute.
- 9Break eggs into wok and let them fry without breaking them up for another minute.
- 10While eggs cook, quickly drain the noodles and then add to wok, giving them several quick folds from the bottom up for about 1 minute. Add tamarind juice mixture and continue stir-frying, mixing everything together for 1-2 minutes.
- 11Add about 2/3 of the ground peanuts and stir. Add about 2/3 of the bean sprouts and all the green onion. Stir-fry for 30 seconds and take off heat.
- 12Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with roasted chilies. Top with the rest of the ground peanuts, the rest of the sprouts, and fresh cilantro leaves. Stick a couple of lime wedges on the side and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Your Pad or Mine? (Chicken & Shrimp Pad Thai)
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1343.4
- Calories from Fat 709
- Total Fat 78.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 290.6 mg
- Sodium 2459.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: