1/2 Photos of Your Favourite Cereal Muffins
I found this recipe many years ago in Chatelaine magazine. It is a great way to use up dry cereal. I have made it with rice krispies, Honey Bunches of Oats and granola and each time they turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium apples or 1 medium pear
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cereal (e.g. bran or corn flakes, Fruit & Fibre, Honey Bunches of Oats, Rice Krispies, muesli or granola)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper cups.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to stir the flour with the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 4Make a well in the centre.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk the milk with the egg and vanilla.
- 6Whisk in the butter.
- 7Peel the apple, if you wish, and coarsely chop.
- 8Pour the milk mixture into the centre of the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- 9Stir in the apple, raisins and cereal.
- 10Place the batter in the muffin cups.
- 11Sprinkle with extra cereal or cinnamon sugar if desired.
- 12Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- 13Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- 14Serve right away or place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Your Favourite Cereal Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (999 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 249.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: