Recipe by Tiphani
This is a perfected recipe of an all time favorite. This is my most sought after recipe and I've decided to share with all.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened)
Cream Cheese frosting
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together corn oil, sugar and eggs until well combined.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add to egg-sugar mixture.
- mixing well.
- Drain pineapple well.
- Add carrots, walnuts and pineapple to mixture.
- Blend to mix well.
- Pour batter into a graeased and floured 9 or 10 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 1 hour or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on rack.
- Prepare frosting.
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Split cake into two layers.
- Cover with frosting.
- Sprinkle with coconut and garnish with a dusting of cinnamon.