Caryn Gale's Note:
These granola bars are so easy and there are so many options you can try a new flavor each week or create your own with what you find in your pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup white sugar or 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- ginger (optional)
- ground cloves (optional)
- 1/2 bag your favorite chocolate chips or 1/2 bag peanut butter chips or 1/2 bag butterscotch chips or 1/2 bag cinnamon bark
- 1First melt the margarine and honey in a saucpan on the stove or in a micro-safe container.
- 2Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- 3(It tastes good at this point, but try not to eat it all).
- 4At this point you can add one or two of the optional ingredients.
- 5Switch honey and white sugar to maple syrup and brown sugar.
- 6Or add 1 cup chopped peanuts and a 1/4 cup of peanut butter.
- 7Then pour choc chips on top after baked and spread.
- 8Or add cinnamon, groung cloves and ginger.
- 9Or add chopped or crushed nuts of your choice.
- 10And or add half the bag chips (any flavor) to the mix as well as melting on top.
- 11Use your imagination and anything you find left in the pantry!
- 12Press hard onto a cookie sheet.
- 13I usually line it with foil.
- 14Bake at 320 for 15 minutes.
- 15It will puff up.
- 16Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle half a bag of your favorite flavor chips on top.
- 17Wait a minute and then spread with a spatula.
- 18Careful not to pick up the spatula, but just keep spreading.
- 19You MUST cut into squares while still hot.
- 20They taste great hot and cold.
- 21Store for a week in an airtight container or they freeze great and even taste good frozen if you are sneaking them out of the freezer!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Your Favorite Flavor Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g