Recipe by Roosie
You can vary the flavor in these by using any flavor of yogurt you please! A basic and very versatile recipe. You can add any fruit you like, if you want to add fruit- try raspberries with lemon yogurt! Yum!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
These turned out great! I used low-fat vanilla yogurt and chose to use a granny Smith apple that need to be used up and ended up using about a cup of fruit. Super good, light and fluffy. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup yogurt, your choice of flavors
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup fruit (fresh or frozen) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, powder and soda) in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients (yogurt, milk, egg and oil) in a large bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix until just blended.
- Heat a hot lightly oiled or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add about 1/4 cup batter per pancake and cook until bubbles form and edges are beginning to be cooked.
- Flip and cook other side until done.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, fruit or your choice of condiments.