Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This is Rachael Ray's recipe and pretty much the salad I grew up on coming from an Italian family. The portions can be increased for larger groups. I love this simple and healthy salad. It is a perfect salad to serve with Italian food!
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 kirby cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow onions or 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (a couple of glugs)
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Place salad greens in a salad bowl and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and carrot. Place oil, vinegar and sugar in a small plastic container. Put the lid on the container and shake dressing until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Pour dressing over salad. Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
Thanks for posting this Rachael Ray salad Little Bee. Very nice. We enjoyed it very much. The dressing was basic but nice and light. I would mix it ahead let chill and shake again next time to meld the flavors for longer. Made as written for some hungry men. Thumbs up all around. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Super simple and delicious! I left out the carrot and added radishes instead. The dressing worked very well with the romaine. Thanks for sharing.
Very nice salad. I also added some radishes, for some extra crunch.