Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Get creative and add your own variety of seasonings, or great to enjoy just how it is! *Tip* For a crustier stuffing, uncover (or open pouch top) for the last 10 - 15 minutes of cooking.
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix or 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Moisten the bread with milk or water.
- Add the onion, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Blend together gently with your hands.
- Place in aluminum foil pouch and cook for about 60- 70 minutes.
This was really good. I used multigrain bread, and baked it at 350F. I had to use more chicken broth (instead of water) to moisten the bread. Also added melted butter, as I found that is for best flavor and moisture. I put it in a pan instead of aluminum pouches. Turned out really good. I made this for easter. I will make it again next holiday.