Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the ways I make a simple quesadilla at home. Quesadillas made like this can be found at Mexican restaurants.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 flour tortillas, whatever size you want
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, more for bigger tortillas
- salsa, however much and whatever heat you desire, for topping (optional)
- sour cream, as much as you like, for topping (optional)
- In a pan skillet large enough to hold one of the tortillas flat, melt ½ of the butter.
- Fry one side of one of the tortillas, then remove it from the pan.
- Put the rest of the butter in the pan, then put the unfried tortilla in to cook.
- Immediately sprinkle the cheese on top of the tortilla in the pan, then top with the previously fried tortilla, browned side up.
- Press them together with a spatula and fry the quesadilla until the cheese is melted.
- Remove it from the pan and cut in wedges like a pizza.
- Top with sour cream and/or salsa.
I make these up and throw some chicken in. I then freeze them and when I want them for lunch or to take to work, I just take one out of the freezer and by the time I get to work it is ready to be zapped. Yum!
Easy, quick, inexpensive, and DELICIOUS. I added chicken, served the quesadilla with guacamole, sour cream and salsa accompanied with refried beans and mexican rice. family loved it.
These are restaurant quality!