This is one of the ways I make a simple quesadilla at home. Quesadillas made like this can be found at Mexican restaurants.
- In a pan skillet large enough to hold one of the tortillas flat, melt ½ of the butter.
- Fry one side of one of the tortillas, then remove it from the pan.
- Put the rest of the butter in the pan, then put the unfried tortilla in to cook.
- Immediately sprinkle the cheese on top of the tortilla in the pan, then top with the previously fried tortilla, browned side up.
- Press them together with a spatula and fry the quesadilla until the cheese is melted.
- Remove it from the pan and cut in wedges like a pizza.
- Top with sour cream and/or salsa.