1/2 Photos of Your Basic Panfried Fish
From Betty Crocker's "Good and Easy" Cookbook from 1971, this is your basic panfried fish. For a variation, you can make Fish Almondine by browning 1/4 cup butter in a small skillet; stir in 1/4 cup toasted slivered blanched almonds, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Just before serving, top fish with this almond butter. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Beat egg and water slightly.
- 4Dip fish into egg, then coat with flour.
- 5Melt shortening (1/8 inch) in skillet; fry fish over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Your Basic Panfried Fish
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.8
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.1 mg
- Sodium 776.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 56.5 g