Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the foundation for most of our meals around here. You can very easily add spices to your taste, I like garlic & chives!
- 6 potatoes (The general guideline is 1 potato per person)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (half a stick)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 -6 cups boiling water
- Peel spuds using peeler or knife, if necessary.
- Cut into 4- 5 pieces each (Quartering).
- Bring water to a rapid boil.
- Add potatoes, cook for 20- 30 minutes (Depending on size of potatoes).
- Drain spuds and beat by hand or with a mixer until mashed.
- Add butter and milk, beat until fluffy.
Made this for mom's & brother's supper toninght with Recipe #277065 (my recipe) & some green beans. They were very pleased. Thanks! :)
This is the way I make my mashed potatoes. Real comfort food!