Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Another fabulous basic! Tastes great topped with sour cream, butter, & salt. (Though I am sure there are some fabulous low fat alternatives on this site! *W*)
- Scrub potatoes with water (Do not peel.).
- Rub with shortening to soften up skins (If you want, optional).
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375* 1- 1 1/2 hours.
- OR Pierce potatoes with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Arrange an inch apart in circle shape on a paper towel.
- Microwave 12- 15 minutes.
I did the microwave method and it came out great! Thanks for posting!
Great simple potato. I microwaved mine and it came out nice and fluffy. Thanks Little Old Me for a nice keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Mmmmmmm, the perfect baked potato. I used the baking method as opposed to the microwave method and left off the shortening. Just pierced the potatoes with a fork, wrapped in foil, and popped them in the oven! Awesome!