Recipe by superlib
Having bought a young coconut, I had to then find something to do with it. This cake was the result. It is soft, tender, and exotically spiced.
Top Review by Laurie S.
This has the consistency of a pound cake - creamy and dense, not overly sweet - and delicious! The first time I made it I threw in some chocolate chips to give it a little something extra. I am going to try adding fresh blueberries this time.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 coconut, preferably a young coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x5 pan or a muffin tin.
- Open the coconut, making sure to save at least 1/2 cup of the liquids. Using a spoon, scoop out the meat of the coconut.
- In a food processor, add the coconut meat, butter and sugar. Combine thoroughly.
- Add eggs & vanilla, and pulse a few times.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and combine thoroughly.
- Add 1/2c of the coconut milk, and once again combine thoroughly.
- Pour your batter into the greased pan, and bake for 30-40 minutes. 20-30 minutes if you're making cupcakes.