1/4 Photos of "you'll Never Miss the Noodles" Lasagna
1 hr 25 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
I found this recipe on a low carb site and modified it slightly to suit our tastes. We had it for dinner last night and it was AWESOME!! Very yummy and the flavor of all those fresh veggies blended beautifully with the sauce! DH went back for seconds, so this is definitely a keeper. Add a side salad and your meal is complete!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, removed from casings
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped or 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 5 large mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 lb spinach, steamed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Brown the meat and sausage in a large frying pan.
- 2When meat is about half done, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and continue cooking until the onion is transparent.
- 3Add the tomato sauce, paste, water and seasonings; mix well.
- 4Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Beat the eggs and ricotta together; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Preheat oven to 325° and spray a 9x13-inch pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- 7Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- 8Top with sliced zucchini.
- 9Spread the zucchini with the ricotta mixture and top with the spinach and mushroom slices.
- 10Top that layer with with half of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 11Cover with the remaining meat mixture and top with the remaining cheeses.
- 12Bake at 325° until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to get golden, about 35 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "you'll Never Miss the Noodles" Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 183.4 mg
- Sodium 1107.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 42.1 g