Recipe by Mirj
A tasty vegetable quiche, the tofu takes the place of eggs and milk, making this a great quiche for vegans, egg-haters and the lactose intolerant.
Top Review by msmia
I was very excited to try this quiche -- it seemed like a great idea. Despite seeding the tomatoes before including -- I thought they made the dish too wet. I used less carrots because I had very large carrots but even w/ only two I thought the texture of the shredded carrots was overwhelming. I felt the overall taste and consistancy of the dish was unappealing. I was disappointed w/ the result. I think the idea is a good one but the amount of veges included is too much & the spicing is too little. I may try something similar w/ modifications.
- 1 box mori-nu silken tofu
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Steam the asparagus (in a steamer or in the microwave).
- Mix the steamed asparagus with the chopped onions, shredded carrots, diced tomatoes, curry powder, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, flour, granulated garlic and salt and pepper.
- Puree the tofu in the food processor until smooth.
- Scrape the pureed tofu into the vegetable mixture, mix well to combine and taste for seasoning.
- Scrape the mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.