Recipe by annie chambers
I found this recipe and did an adaptation to it. It is perfect for a christmas food gift. The combination on the sweet and walnuts is so sinful! PLUS it is so easy to make!
Top Review by MizzNezz
Annie, this is good stuff!! It was very easy to make and it turned out great. We love the Heath Bar taste! I want to do it again with pecans. This recipe will go into my favorites file! Thanks!!
- 1 cup real salted butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the corn syrup, water and sugar to mixture.
- Heat to hard crack stage or 300 degrees on your candy thermometer.
- When you get to 300 degrees, immediately remove from heat and add the walnuts.
- After stirring them in, put them on a waxpaper lined cookie sheet and spread out mixture.
- Let it harden and dry and you are done-- ENJOY!
- WARNING>>>this stuff is addictive!