Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe and did an adaptation to it. It is perfect for a christmas food gift. The combination on the sweet and walnuts is so sinful! PLUS it is so easy to make!
- 1 cup real salted butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the corn syrup, water and sugar to mixture.
- Heat to hard crack stage or 300 degrees on your candy thermometer.
- When you get to 300 degrees, immediately remove from heat and add the walnuts.
- After stirring them in, put them on a waxpaper lined cookie sheet and spread out mixture.
- Let it harden and dry and you are done-- ENJOY!
- WARNING>>>this stuff is addictive!
Annie, this is good stuff!! It was very easy to make and it turned out great. We love the Heath Bar taste! I want to do it again with pecans. This recipe will go into my favorites file! Thanks!!