Recipe by Bergy
This recipe was originally named "Uncle Dick's Chicken". Don't let the simplicity of this recipe fool you it is simply delicious, moist, tender and you will swear there is some secret ingredient in it. Try it I know you will love it! Serve over rice or noodles with the milk gravy over top.
Top Review by Lorac
Bergy, wonderful concept but it just didn't work out very well. I will try it again making some changes because it's has great potential. While the milk, amazingly cooked down to a cream gravy without curdling, I had to remove the chicken and simmer the milk an extra 15 minutes to reduce the sauce. The result was a bland chicken and bland gravy overpowered by a sweet flavor from the milk. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! *^-^*
- 1 fryer, cut up (enough for 4 people)
- 3 tablespoons lite olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 quart whole milk (do not use 2%)
Directions See How It's Made
- That's all!
- Put the oil in the bottom of a larger saucepan (so it will hold the chicken in one layer), brown on all sides until it is golden all over. Pour off any excess oil.
- Salt & pepper generously.
- Pour in enough milk to cover the chicken pieces.
- Simmer on low heat, uncovered until the chicken is cooked and fork tender, approx. 30 minutes.
- The milk should have cooked down so it is like gravy.