Recipe by Pipcat1
I always love to find recipes that are low in fat and that taste just as good as the deep fried version. So crunchy, yummy and good for you. These are from Bonnie Stern's cookbook, Simply HeartSmart.
Top Review by hungry4more
Everything was going well and looking good until I had to flip the chicken half way through the cook time. This did not go well. The flakes did not stay on the chicken and ended up burning on the bottom of the pan. Maybe my yogurt was not thick enough, not sure, but the crust did not stay on. We still ate them all up though and they were good, but it would have been nice if the crust had stayed on.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup thick yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Brush baking sheet with oil.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 or 5 strips.
- Place yogurt, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire and pepper in bowl and combine well. Add chicken pieces and coat well.
- Place cornflake crumbs on large plate. One at a time, roll chicken fingers in crumbs and pat inches.
- Place chicken in single layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for 10 to 12 minutes longer, or until crisp and cooked through.