Recipe by Maiya
I love chocolate pie, but wanted a healthier version. This tastes like chocolate mousse, not tofu.
Top Review by jerrianne.smith
You'll have much better results if you use silken tofu, DRAINED and a heavy duty food processor. You can't get firm tofu smooth, even with the liquid. I've made this recipe lots of times and no one knows it's tofu until you tell them.
- 2 (12 1/3 ounce) boxes firm tofu (Undrained)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips (I use semi sweet, but you could also use carob, or your preferred flavour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 prebaked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the tofu and its accompanying liquid in a food processor until smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat using a double boiler.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla or almond extract to the tofu.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into the prebaked pie crust, and chill until firm.
- (1-2 hours).